SIRIM Standards Technology Sdn Bhd is the one of the largest calibration laboratory in Malaysia and provides the widest scope of calibration services in the fields of Electrical Calibration Services, Dimensional Calibration Services, Temperature Calibration Services, Force & Pressure Calibration Services and Mass and Volumetric Calibration Services.
SST also provide precision calibration and measurement services with full traceability to National and International Standard to cater for a complete range of calibration requirements. For the convenience of our customers, we have also introduced on-site calibration, facility management system, collection & delivery services, technical assistance and consultancy services.
What is Calibration Services?
Calibration can be briefly described as an activity where the instrument being tested is compared to a known reference value. At the simplest level, calibration is a comparison between measurements – one of known magnitude or correctness made or set with one device, and another measurement made in as similar a way as possible with a second device. The device with the known or assigned correctness is called the standard. The second device is the unit under test or test instrument.
Who need Calibration Services?
- Quality Assurance - Commitment to quality will be your company critical factor for market success. With calibrated equipment used at every or even in any stage of the production lifecycle, your company could ensure the highest quality products output.
- ISO Certification - If your company need to meet the requirements of, for example, ISO9001 certification, your company need to have adequate quality monitoring procedures in place which is calibration is one of these.
- Higher traceability - Your company internal and external audit might ask for proof of accuracy of your equipment in regulatory inspection, calibration services from calibration company like use provide traceability to known and established national/international standards of measurement accuracy (NMIM in Malaysia)
- Lower cost - If your company is looking for a way to reduce inefficiency and lower repair cost of your production line equipment, regular calibration and testing could certainly help as it will improve its accuracy and operational performance.
Why is calibration important?
Calibration ensures that instrument drift is minimized. Even the highest quality instruments will drift over time and lose their ability to provide accurate measurements. It is therefore critical that all instruments are calibrated at appropriate intervals.
The stability of an instrument very much depends on its application and the environment it operates in. Fluctuating temperatures, harsh manufacturing conditions (dust and dirt) and elapsed time are all contributing factors here. Even instruments manufactured by the same supplier can vary in their performance over time.
How calibration can ensure quality?
Calibration also ensures that product or batch quality remains high and consistent over time. Quality systems such as calibration certificate ISO 9001, ISO 9002 and ISO 14001 require systematic, well-documented calibrations with respect to accuracy, repeatability, uncertainty and confidence levels. This affects all process manufacturers.
What SIRIM Standards Technology Sdn Bhd can offer?
SST provides precision calibration and measurement services with full traceability to National and International Standard to cater for a complete range of calibration requirements. For the convenience of our customers, we have also introduced on-site calibration, facility management system, collection & delivery services, technical assistance and consultancy services.
Our technical staff are specially trained and have extensive experience in precision calibration and measurement services to provide technical competent and quality services to our customers. In recognition of our technical competence and laboratory quality management system, we have been accredited in accordance to ISO/IEC 17025 since 1995.The company have established branches in Penang, Johor, Sarawak and Kuantan. We will continue to provide fast, quality calibration and measurement services to help our customers satisfy their quality requirement.
Why Choose SIRIM SST for Calibration & Measurement Services?
- Experienced personnel - SIRIM SST has been in calibration and measurement for more than 20 years!
- Multiple branches - For the convenience of our customer, SIRIM SST offer 5 branches throughout Malaysia
- Superior quality - SIRIM SST laboratory is accredited with ISO/IEC 17025:2005
- 120-plus associates - Highly skilled technicians and sales representatives.